Summary: A roundup of educational articles, apps and tutorials for educators looking to integrate technology into the classroom, updated for 2014.
The aim of technology may be to make processes more efficient and to expand our horizons, but unless used appropriately, it can also make life unnecessarily complicated. In the classroom, teachers are more and more often expected to show innovative and progressive thinking by integrating technological solutions into their lessons — but starting out isn't easy. From learning how to scour YouTube for clips to working out which photos and files can be used under fair copyright terms, while trying to keep up with standard workloads, invigorating lessons with technology can fall by the wayside.
To help teachers out, and given the popularity of ZDNet's last iPad in the classroom roundup, here is an updated, fresh list of tutorials, apps and software to transform your work-life balance and the student experience in today's modern classroom.
Apps, services for teachers
How do I use...?
21. Smartboards? Nine videos on using interactive whiteboards effectively | Lesson plans | Whiteboard animations guide
23. Tablets, smartphones, laptops? Tablets for schools | Tablets, laptops and mobiles in the classroom: top tips from teachers
24. Video and media? TeacherTube | Video tips
25. The Internet? Webquests -- How, when and why. |Internet safety cheat sheet
26. Presentations? Tips for design and delivery
Teaching about digital citizenship:
Additional resources, software and hardware guides:
31. The Raspberry Pi: A teacher's guide
35. Grant Wrangler K-12: Look for technology-based grants for your classroom
Talks and teacher chat
36. TED talks: Lectures, papers and discussion on today's subjects
40. Classroom 2.0
Tips, tricks and lesson plans:
48. Class tech tips
Post a Comment