- Choose a business structure.
- Consult a tax expert.
- Preparation: Education or experience?
- Funding your company.
- Join forces or go it alone?
1. Choose a business structure
- To create a line of demarcation between you as an individual and your business. This protects your personal assets from liability.
- To allow you to hire employees.
- Sole Proprietorship
- LLC (Limited Liability Corporation)
- C-Corp (traditional corporation)
2. Consult a tax expert
3. Preparation: Education or experience?
- Financing your investment company
- Properly managing risk and liability
- Evaluating potential returns
- A plethora of other activities that will make or break your new investment company