Fast facts on chocolate
- Here are some key points about chocolate. More detail is in the main article.
- Chocolate consumption has long been associated with conditions such as diabetes, coronary heart disease, and hypertension.
- Chocolate is believed to contain high levels of antioxidants.
- Some studies have suggested chocolate could lower cholesterol levels and prevent memory decline.
- Chocolate contains a large number of calories.
- People who are seeking to lose or maintain weight should eat chocolate only in moderation.
- lowering cholesterol levels
- preventing cognitive decline
- reducing the risk of cardiovascular problems