# What is an inverter?
- 1 Fan – Fans Consume 70-90 Watts. For calculation we take 90 watts.
- 1 tube light – Assume 40-50 watts for standard tube lights. 28 watts for T5 tubelights.
- 1 CFL – 25 watts (default) or take the actual number if known.
- 1 Television – LED TVs take 30-100 watts depending on size. LCD TVs consume 50-150 watts. CRT takes about 120 watts.
- Set top boxes consume anywhere between 8 watts and 25 watts. Standard Definition set top boxes consume 8 Watts. HD boxes consume about 18 watts and HD DVR boxes consumed 25 watts.
- Desktops consume 120-250 watts depending on type High end is about 450-650. Those with LCD screens consume about 150 watts and those with CRT about 250.
- Laptops consume about 50 watts.
- Wi-Fi routers, modems, mobile phone chargers, etc consume 5 watts or less.
- Gaming stations and home theatre systems consume 100 watts or more depending on type and size. It should be available on product manual or on manufacturers’ website.
- A room air cooler would be about 250-300 watts.
- Induction cooker would be 1000-1500 watts (or 1 – 1.5 kW)
- Mixer Grinder would also be about 350 watts.
Float indicators & vent plugs: Batteries have conveniently placed visible float indicators so that you don’t miss topping up water when needed. Vent plugs should be designed to ensure that the gas pressure inside the battery is regulated.